The City of Yukon will terminate utility services for non-payment in accordance with this schedule:
- Bills will be mailed or emailed by the last business day of every month. Failure to receive a monthly bill does not waive the late penalty, alter the due date or delay the cut-off process. It is the customer's responsibility to obtain and pay his or her account balance in the event no bill is received.
- Payments are due by the 15th calendar day of every month. If the 15th falls on a weekend or City of Yukon recognized holiday (contact us for specific holidays) the following business day will be the due date. Online payments must be submitted no later than midnight Central Standard Time on the due date to avoid a late penalty.
- Late penalties are assessed the morning following the due date. Late penalties are $10 for residential accounts and 10% of the outstanding balance on commercial accounts.
- A late notice is mailed or emailed to customers with unpaid accounts by the 18th of the month. The amount due includes the late penalty. Failure to receive a late notice does not waive the late penalty, alter the due date or delay the cut-off process. It is the customer's responsibility to obtain and pay his or her account balance in the event no late notice is received.
- Customers have until the 25th day of the month to pay their delinquent balance and late fee in full.
- After the 25th, tags are prepared for all unpaid accounts and posted on the door of the customer's service address. The posted notice gives customers one last opportunity to pay by 10 am on the date specified on the tag. It is the customer's responsibility to read the tag and take action by the date and time specified.
- On the cut-off day, all unpaid accounts are subject to cut-off, unless payment in full is received by 10 am or the customer makes alternate payment arrangements with staff by 10 am.
- Meters will be turned off and a notice placed on the door of the service address. The turn-off time and meter reading will be recorded.
- Meters will be turned back on only when the delinquent amount is paid in full, plus the reconnection fee. Reconnection fees are $25 for the first turn-off and $50 for each time thereafter.
- The customer is required to be present when their meter is turned back on. They must schedule a one-hour time period to be at their address. A meter reader will come by to turn on the meter during the time period and the customer must verify they are present. If not, the meter will not be turned on and the customer must schedule another one-hour time period. If the customer cannot be present, they may designate someone over the age of 18 to be there.
- Customers paying the delinquent amount and reconnection fees online must contact Utility Billing to schedule their turn-on, as described in Item 10.
- It is unlawful for a City of Yukon meter to be turned on or tampered with by unauthorized persons. The meter will be removed or locked. Additional fees will be charged and a municipal citation could be issued.